Umbrella Care & Warranty
Bucklesbury umbrellas are made to a very high standard, and with the right aftercare, your umbrella will last for years to come. Whilst our umbrellas are hand made from the highest quality materials by our craftsmen in London, they are by nature delicate items. The following tips should maximise the life of your umbrella:
- Avoid taking your umbrella out in very strong winds or lightning storms particularly in large open areas (seafront/coast). Wind damage is not covered by our warranty.
- Always open the umbrella pointing downwards, lift the ribs slightly and slide the umbrella open. After use, make sure you leave your umbrella open to dry to allow the fabric to breathe to prevent rusting of any metal parts.
- Don’t leave your umbrella wet and creased up, this will cause damage to the fabric.
- Avoid long exposure to sunlight which will cause the fabric to fade.
- Fold & unfold your umbrella neatly to keep your umbrella looking new and prevent stretching / tearing off of the fastener.
- Do not expose the umbrella to heat sources when storing the umbrella. Exposure to heat may cause the handle of the umbrella to “unbend”.
- Avoid leaning on your umbrella and using it as a walking stick as it may dismantle the frame.
- Clean only with plain water, as cleaning substances could remove proofing coatings.
All Bucklesbury umbrellas come with a one-year warranty. If the umbrella is proven to be faulty within that time due to defects in workmanship or materials, we will repair it free of charge. After that time a repair charge will apply.
Please note accidental damage and misuse of an umbrella is not covered by our warranty. Snapped sticks, broken handles and rib damage from use in strong winds, do not constitute a faulty umbrella or frame. All umbrellas dispatched have gone through thorough testing and quality control.
Proof of purchase must be provided to claim your free repair within the one-year warranty.
Repairs do not cover any umbrella that was not originally purchased from an authorized Bucklesbury retailer.
Please note we are unable to refund postage on items sent in for repair or back from repair.